Sunday 29 November 2009

The goose is getting fat.


With most of my assignments out of the way and Christmas just around the corner I have been getting into the festive spirit, uploading my christmas music collection onto my Ipod and putting up tinsel.

Last week saw the ceremonial buying of my advent calendar with Jo and Sheri - something I forgot to do until the 10th December last year! - It only cost 98p! - Gotta love Lidl - and I spiced up my room a bit adding tinsel here, there and... well... just about everywhere.

After Mike left the house on Thursday, leaving us one house mate down, myself and Charlie felt a bit low so we decided it was high time to decorate the rest of the house. So, off to Asda we went!

Our bikes got us there pretty quickly and we started to fill up a trolley with Christmas tree and appropriate decorations. Now, it is fairly easy to get carried away when christmas shopping. We filled the trolley with festive fancies, we even bought a tin of celebrations - most of which are gone already! Once we had enough we got to the checkout and I handed over my debit card. £36?!?!?!!?! Ooops... Well at least there is two of us to split the price and we can use the decorations each year.

Or not... After riding home, we got into the house to find out the lights on the tree didn't work - well it was a fiver... not exactly high quality - then promptly snapped the tree in half. Charlie had ridden back with the tree shoved down her coat, the packaging completely blinding her peripheral vision for nothing!!!! We managed to cello-tape the trunk back together and it actually doesn't look too bad with all the decorations on it. But really! I mean, could it have happened to anyone else?

However, the house now looks lovely and festive and in my bed-ridden state, I am, as I speak listening to christmas tunes on my laptop, glad to be out of the infernal rain and observing the world go past my ridiculously extensive window under my newly bought fairy lights :) All I need now is snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment