Tuesday 17 November 2009

The wrong place at the wrong time.

So I finally finished my Law assignment, almost the full 10% allowance over the word limit, but hey, at least it is done!

The weekends festivities were multiple.
My housemates had a row, bad times!
I went out for the first time in an aaaaage! Very good times :)
Walking through the storm we saw a fence break in half and hit a car. Bloody scary!
I locked my bike to a bike rack in town and then realised I had lent my keys to Mike.
I missed out on a huge journalistic opportunity. Annoying, extremely annoying.
We had Sunday Roast :D - Nom nom nom!

After Josh came to my rescue on friday night, cycling down with my keys, myself, Daisy and her friend Lauren were abandoned with three bikes, Lauren's luggage and a load of shopping to transport back to the house in the storm. That's the last time i lend my keys to anyone for a good deed! The walk was pretty scary! Bins were over turning as we walked past them and we even saw a plank from a fence flying through the air only to hit a car parked in the road.
It was evident that there would be a fair bit of wreckage, but I didn't expect to hear the the roof of the halls had caved in!

That's right, after deciding to take a break from the monotonous Law essay, I switched to Facebook to check my notifications and scrolling down the page I saw comments saying that the roof of Lyme Regis car park had fallen down! A pretty big story considering the halls have only just been built! This automatically sparked up my journalistic brain - competitive and determined - jumping up, I knew I had to get down there! But as I took a second glance at the screen, the time on the status left me crest fallen. It had happened over an hour ago! I promptly went and sulked with my housemates, bitter and twisted. Yet again, in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Saturday night however was much more fun, the night out in Lava was the perfect cure to the essay-induced stress which all 'BAMMJ' students have been suffering from. After working until 10.30pm I jumped in a taxi and headed to town to join my housemates and start drinking - it certainly didn't take long for me to compete with their lack of sobriety! Although, I hope the Smurfs I saw walking across the dance floor were not figments of my imagination or I was more inebriated than I originally thought.

Sunday saw a lot of tension between housemates who had rowed the night before. I can only describe the atmosphere akin to a comedy gig showcasing Gordon Brown. Trying to keep the spirits up, I suggested we still cook the planned Sunday Roast and it was almost a success! The food was scrumptiously hot and tasty, but unfortunately the atmosphere remained as icy as the weather outside!

Finishing off my law essay should have taken a huge weight off my shoulders but what it actually left was a strange feeling in my stomach. I felt odd... like I was forgetting something. Oh thats right... I was! A bibliography! Though I wasn't reminded of this until after the submission time. I have footnoted... I hope that will be ok! The rest of the essay I am actually not displeased with, unlike MJS I actually had a vague idea of what I was writing about!

Fortunately, today has been more bearable, having yet again a hilarious News lecture with Dan and a lovely evening at number 81, I was able to escape from the tension and have a night off.

Now, what's next? Ah, yes... Shorthand!



No comments:

Post a Comment