Tuesday 10 November 2009

Relentless.


I feel like I've been neglecting my blog writing duties of late. Unfortunately the mass of assignments have left me, as Jo so perfectly put it, 'drowning in a pile of books' and although I have a number of things to 'blog' about they shall have to wait a couple more days to be put onto paper. As of now I should be working on Shorthand, another aspect of my life which has fallen behind due to the monstrosity of the relentless MJS assignment.

You see, those of you not of the 'BAMMJ' persuasion will glaze over this blog, dismissing me as a whining first year making a big deal out of nothing, but this is just not the case. The situation got so bad last night that a Facebook group 'MJS can go do one' was actually created and within seconds there was 28 members!

The lack of sleep however is the main issue. It is due to lack of sleep that I discovered the unfortunate effects too much relentless and pro plus have on my body. I don't think I have ever done so much involuntary shaking. I nearly took out poor Ken as I flew out of my law lecture to chuck up. Sorry, I tried to think of a non-vulgar way to say that but failed to come up with even one option!

After arriving at Uni at 9.00 am yesterday morning, I had no idea what the night had in store for me. I had already spent most nights this week in the News room until late at night with 'study buddies' Parch, Willis and Stass and I had no intention of repeating this the night before it was due to be handed in. FAIL.

I arrived home from Uni at 7am this morning after turning in the disappointingly shabby piece that is my assignment in at 6.15am and doing a celebratory dance down the corridors of the media school. To anybody reading my assignment, they would be surprised to discover that it hadn't in fact been written by a 5 year old, but a Journalism first year. I don't care. It's done.

The nights frivolities included trying to find the man delivering my pizza to the Uni and discovering him with the security guards, listening to copious amounts of disney tunage and typing so much that i'm convinced I have repetitive strain syndrome in my fingers.

Myself and Sheri walked out into the fresh air practically bouncing and trundled on home. Celebrating with a chunk of Yorkie and the remainders of my take away pizza I fell into bed for a few hours before getting up to start my law assignment.

Its going to be another long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment